The general area of the festival is located around Garosu-Gil (Garosu Street) in Sinsa-Dong (新沙洞, 신사동). It is one of the most lively and dynamic areas in Seoul, with plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, botiques, and night life. Here are some useful tourist information:
- About Seoul - Lonely Planet, VisitKorea.or.kr
- About Garosul-Gil & Sinsa-Dong: DiscoveringKorea.com, VisitKorea.or.kr (English, | 中文)
The closet subway stations are Sinsa Station and Apgujeong Station of the orange line (line #3).
This is a google map of all the festival venues. Some venues are outside of the display area. To see the map in a larger window with complete listing of festival venues and recommended hotels please click here.
The following is a list of tentative festival venues. The list of venues will be finalized when we release the festival program in February.
Seoul has a vibrant tango community and there are many tango bars and studios. We are using some of the most established places for classes and milongas in this festival. We have included some beautiful photos of these places below.
We recommend you to walk to the festival venues whenever possible and avoid taking taxis because taxi drivers often cannot find the venues even when provided with an address.
El Bulin Tango Studio
- Homebase of Seoul Tango Festival
- Venue for registration, private classes, group classes, and milongas
- Tel: 010-2611-7728
- Address: Gangnam-gu Sinsa-dong 561-16 B2 강남구신사동 561-16 B2
El Tango Cafe
- The milonga with the biggest space in the Sinsa-area, newly renovated in 2014.
- Venue for classes and milongas
- Tel: 010-5247-4739
- Address: Seocho-gu Jamwon-dong 27-11 서초구잠원동 27-11
Beta Dance Sports Academy
- Venue for classes
- Tel: 02-3444-4922
- Address: Gangnam-gu Sinsa-dong 537-3 3F 강남구 신사동 537-3 3F
Royal Tango House
- A beautiful tango space located in Cheongdam, about 10 minutes from Sinsa
- Venue for Sunday Singles Milonga
- Tel: 070-4159-0904
- Address: Gangnam-gu Cheongdam-dong 88-1 B2 강남구 청담동 88-1 B2
* * *