The general area of the festival is located around Garosu-Gil (Garosu Street) in Sinsa-Dong (新沙洞, 신사동). It is one of the most lively and dynamic areas in Seoul, with plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, botiques, and night life. Here are some useful tourist information:
- About Seoul - Lonely Planet, VisitKorea.or.kr
- About Garosul-Gil & Sinsa-Dong: VisitKorea.or.kr (English, | 中文)
The closet subway stations are Sinsa Station and Apgujeong Station of the orange line (line #3).
This is a google map of all the festival venues. Some venues are outside of the display area. To see the map in a larger window with complete listing of festival venues and recommended hotels please click here.
The following is a list of festival venues.
Seoul has a vibrant tango community and there are many tango bars and studios. We are using two of the most established places for classes and milongas in this festival. We have included some beautiful photos of these places below.
- Venue for odd-number classes
- Tel: 02-546-3123
- Address: Gangnam-gu Nonhyeon-dong 1-5 3F / 강남구 논현동 1-5 3층
El Tango Cafe
- Venue for even-number classes, Thursday Welcome and Monday Farewell Milonga
- Tel: 010-5247-4739
- Address: Seocho-gu Jamwon-dong 27-11 / 서초구잠원동 27-11
Lyceum Dancesport Academy
- Venue for Friday Retro Milonga, Saturday Milonga Corteño y Bailarin, and Sunday Singles Milonga
- About 15 minutes by taxi from Sinsa
- Tel: 02-578-4749
- Address: Seocho-gu Nambusunhwan-ro 2634-8 / 서초구 남부순환로 2634-8 단성빌딩 2층
Tango O Nada
- The oldest tango bar in Seoul, open since 2003!
- Venue for Wednesday Warm-up Milonga
- Tel: 02-324-7411
- Address: Mapo-gu Donggyo-dong 200-29 B1 / 마포구 동교동 200-29 B1
* * *